New zoom setting allows participants to view pronouns
Zoom users can indicate their preferred pronouns (for example, her / her, he / him / her or they / them / their).
As part of an ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, IT has enabled the new Zoom option which allows users to add pronouns to their profiles.
The pronouns field is enabled by default in the profile menu, and pronoun information is considered part of a user’s contact card. Zoom users can add their favorite pronouns to their profiles and choose to display this information along with their display names during meetings and webinars.
To add pronouns:
- Click the settings icon on the Zoom toolbar.
- Click Profile, then click Edit My Profile. This will open uark.zoom.us in your web browser.
- Click Edit next to your name.
- Enter the pronouns in the Pronouns field.
- Select an option under “Share in a meeting or webinar?” scrolling menu.
Meeting organizers can also allow attendees to change their display names during meetings.